A delicious oven-baked honey and mustard chicken breast with a cornucopia of flavours courtesy of five Great Taste Award winners. The beguiling flowery taste of the lime honey combines perfectly with the nutty flavour of the sunflower oil and the slight-acidity of the mustard, all given a mouth-watering twist by the addition of sweet paprika smoked on aromatic beech wood, as well as a bit of hot paprika for that irresistible kick.
Wine Pairing: The refreshing minerality of Dobosi Winery's Organic Welschriesling perfectly balances the rich taste of the chicken.
- 3tbsp sunflower seed oil
- 3tbsp honey
- 2tbsp mustard (and add some mustard powder for extra heat)
- 2tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon hot paprika
- 800g chicken breast fillet
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Lightly grease a baking tray with oil and line with foil.
- Combine the oil, honey, mustard, lemon juice and the paprika until thoroughly mixed.
- Place the chicken onto the tray. Season well with salt, then spoon 2/3 of the honey mustard mixture over. Pour in an extra 1/4 cup water onto the tray to prevent burning.
- Bake until cooked through (about 20-30 minutes, depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts). Spoon the remaining sauce and cook for a further 6-8 minutes to brown the chicken and caramelise the edges.
- Serve with fluffy white rice and grilled vegetables on the side.