Trout Fillet with Potato Salad
Delicious and flaky trout fillets full of Omega-3, served with a healthy potato salad bursting with flavour from a dressing of tarragon mustard and cold pressed oils. The whole meal is ready in less than 30 minutes, perfect if you find yourself short of time but still looking for a wholesome dinner idea.
2 trout fillets
- 1 kg salad potatoes cut in half
- 2 egg yolks
2 tbsp + 1dl of dressing (equal mix of sunflower oil and corn oil)
- 1tbsp capers
- fresh chives
- fresh dill
- freshly ground black peppers
- Place 2 tablespoons of the dressing in a skillet, then when hot put in the salad potatoes and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cook on medium heat until the middle of the potatoes becomes soft and the outside lightly browned.
- For the sauce, mix the 2 egg yolks with finely cut capers, then slowly mix together with the remaining 1dl of the dressing and add the tarragon mustard, the finely cut dill and half of the chives. It will have a light, mayonnaise like texture.
- In a second skillet, fry the trout fillets on some butter for around 3-4 minutes on each side.
- When the potato is ready, let it cool a little, before mixing the sauce with the potatoes, while still warm.
- Serve and sprinkle with the remaining fresh chives.