A delicious oven-baked honey and mustard chicken breast with a cornucopia of flavours courtesy of 5 Great Taste Award winners. The beguiling flowery taste of the lime honey combines perfectly with the nutty flavour of the sunflower oil and the slight-acidity of the mustard, all given a mouth-watering twist by the addition of sweet paprika smoked on aromatic beech wood, as well as a bit of hot paprika for that irresistible kick.
Wine Pairing: The refreshing minerality of Dobosi Winery's Organic Welschriesling perfectly balances the rich taste of the chicken.
- 3tbsp sunflower seed oil
- 3tbsp lime blossom honey
- 2tbsp tarragon mustard
- 2tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon hot paprika
- 800g chicken breast fillet
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Lightly grease a baking tray with oil and line with foil.
- Combine the oil, honey, mustard, lemon juice and the paprika until thoroughly mixed.
- Place the chicken onto the tray. Season well with salt, then spoon 2/3 of the honey mustard mixture over. Pour in an extra 1/4 cup water onto the tray to prevent burning.
- Bake until cooked through (about 20-30 minutes, depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts). Spoon the remaining sauce and cook for a further 6-8 minutes to brown the chicken and caramelise the edges.
- Serve with fluffy white rice and grilled vegetables on the side.