Due to their simplicity and short preparation time, Casino Eggs are a very popular appetiser in Hungary and are ideal for a dinner party if you are in bit of a rush. You can also make it ahead of time and eat it hot or cold.
- 8 whole eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon mustard
- 2 pinches of salt
- pinch of ground black pepper
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- 40g butter
- sweet smoked paprika
- Place the eggs in a pan of hot water and bring to a boil. Boil for about 9-10 minutes, then place in a bowl of cold water and let them cool (this will help you to peel them)
- When they have cooled down, peel the eggs.
- Cut the eggs in half and remove the yolk using a teaspoon.
- Mix the yolks with the butter which is at room temperature, then add the mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper and nutmeg and mix thoroughly.
- Using this mixture, fill the eggs, then sprinkle with sweet smoked paprika.
- You can eat it at this point or pop it in the oven for 10 minutes at 160 Celsius on a trey lined with grease poof paper.