Casino eggs are prepared using ground spices, aromatic smoked paprika and given a gourmet touch by the addition of some artisan wild garlic mustard, making this is a finger food par excellence.
These traditional Hungarian devilled eggs are a popular appetiser due to their simplicity and versatility, as you can also prepare them ahead of time and eat them hot or cold.
- 8 whole eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon mustard
- 2 pinches of salt
- pinch of ground black pepper
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- 40g butter
- sweet smoked paprika
- Place the eggs in a saucepan with enough water to cover them, and bring to a boil. Boil for about 9-10 minutes, then place in a bowl of cold water and let them cool (this will help you to peel them).
- Peel the eggs once they have cooled down .
- Cut the eggs in half and remove the yolk using a teaspoon.
- Mix the yolks with the butter, then add the mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper and nutmeg and mix thoroughly.
- Fill the eggs using this mixture,then sprinkle with the paprika.
- You can eat it at this point or pop it in the oven for 10 minutes at 160 Celsius on a trey lined with grease poof paper.