Töltött Paprika - Hungarian Stuffed Pepper
Töltött Paprika is a classic Hungarian dish of stuffed peppers with a mince and rice filling, perfect for when you are craving a delicious but light meal. To ensure that it packs the most flavour, make it when the peppers are at peak freshness.
Wine Pairing: The refreshing zestiness of Frittmann Winery's Kunsági Kadarka goes very well with the natural acidity of the tomato juice, making this a divine pairing for summer afternoons.
- Par boil rice for 5 minutes, then rinse and set aside to cool.
- Wash peppers, remove tops, seeds and scrape clean with a spoon.
- Brown the minced onions in lard or oil, then in a large bowl combine it with the meat, the par-boiled rice, salt, pepper and the paprika.
- Stuff the peppers with this mix and form little balls from any leftovers.
- Place the peppers and any meatballs into a deep pot, then pour the tomato juice and water to cover them up. Simmer for around 45 minutes until rice and meat is cooked.
- Serve with generous dollops of sour cream, mashed potatoes and fresh crusty bread.
Explore our range of versatile ingredients & bring a mouth-watering twist to your dishes.