Feel yourself transported a continent away by these delicious Bombay potatoes featuring a Hungarian twist, this aromatic and fragrant dish encapsulates all that is great about fusion cuisine. Using simple ingredients and quick to prepare, it makes a great side for curry dishes but can easily be the main course on its own as well.
Wine pairing: Serve with a glass of Tóth Ferenc Winery's Egri Kadarka 2017, as the freshness and zestiness of the Kadarka grapes perfectly complements the richness of the potatoes.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 4 medium sized potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp mustard seed oil
- 1 tbsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- chopped coriander
- half cup of water
- freshly cracked black pepper
- Heat the mustard seed oil in a medium sized pan then add the cumin seeds until they start to sizzle.
- Toss in the diced potatoes together with the turmeric powder. Stir thoroughly so that the turmeric coats the potatoes evenly and then cook until the potatoes begin to turn golden brown.
- Add half cup of water and then cover the pan. Cook until the potatoes have softened.
- Remove the lid and add the chopped coriander. Cook until all of the water evaporates, then sprinkle with the smoked paprika and season with salt and black pepper to taste.