Farmhouse Sourdough Bread
A farmhouse style sourdough bread, this rustic loaf is full of flavour. Deliciously crisp on the outside and soft inside, perfect for an indulgent brunch.
- 30g dried sourdough starter
- 120g white bread flour
- 100ml water
- sourdough mixture
- 50g white bread flour
40g grape seed powder
- 450ml water
- 10g salt
For the sourdough mixture:
For the bread:
Preparing the sourdough:
Mix the dried sourdough starter with water, then add the flour. Let it leaven at room temperature until it at least doubles in volume. It is ready to use when the dough starts to bubble. (How long this takes depends on several factors - it can be anywhere between just a few hours to half a day.)
Preparing the bread:
- Mix the wheat flour and the grape seed flour with the water, knead it thoroughly and let it rest for 1-2 hours. Next, knead in the sourdough together with the additional water and salt.
- Let the dough leaven in a thinly oiled bowl or pot until it rises in volume by about 50%. Fold it three times during this period.
- Put the tightly shaped dough in a dough basket, cover it with a kitchen towel and let it rest for 1-2 hours; then, put it in the fridge and let it leaven some more. To know when the dough is ready to bake, press it with one finger, and if it's elastic, it still needs time.
- Preheat the oven and a baking dish to 240° Celsius.
- Place the risen dough on baking paper, score it, and then put it into the baking dish and cover it with a lid.
- Bake while covered for 30 minutes, then reduce the heat to 210° and bake for an additional 25 minutes without the lid.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool before slicing.
Explore our range of versatile ingredients & bring a mouth-watering twist to your dishes.