Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
A deliciously creamy roasted butternut squash soup bursting with flavour and nutty aromas from a dash of pumpkin seed oil. This easy vegan recipe is perfect for creating a simple warming soup.
Wine Pairing: The refreshing minerality of Dobosi Winery's Organic Welschriesling provides a tantalising counterpoint to the soup.
- Place the diced vegetables and the garlic cloves on a baking trey, sprinkle with sunflower oil and the pine nuts and bake for 35-40 minutes at 180 Celsius.
- Brown the diced onions on sunflower oil in a large saucepan, then add the roasted vegetables, the stock pot and the water. Season with salt and black pepper, and bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and using a blender, pulse the soup until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Serve with a generous sprinkling of the lightly toasted pumpkin seed oil and some toasted pumpkin seeds.
- For an even creamier texture, top with some double cream or creme fraiche.