Create your own mouth-watering burgers at home by using a rich game meat like wild boar. If you can't get boar then don't worry, it will also taste delicious when made from beef, or even go with mangalitsa pork for a truly authentic Hungarian experience. The resulting combination of the succulent meat with the slight tartness you get from the aromatic truffle plum jam, is a juicy and flavoursome burger that competes with anything you can get by eating-out. And you can make it into a decadent treat with shavings of black truffles.
- 500g wild boar mince (can also be beef or mangalica)
- 5 burger buns
- 100 g butter
- Plum Jam with Truffle
- 2 small truffles (optional)
- Divide the meat into 5 equal portions and shape each into a round, flat burger.
- Heat a pan and add the burgers, cooking them on each side and ensuring that the burger is cooked through, but still juicy.
- To serve, cut each burger bun in half, then brush melted butter over the insides and toast in the pan.
- Place the burger on the bottom, then top with a layer of plum jam and truffle crisps if you like.
- Top with the other half of the bun.