With strawberries and blueberries now in season, it is the perfect time to celebrate them with this simple dish bursting with flavour and fruity aromas. The ripe and juicy berries with their natural sweetness are balanced beautifully by the acidity of the fragrant balsamic vinegar and the tartness of the yoghurt, creating a light dessert and a delightful treat that is refreshing and indulgent in equal measure.
For the berry layers:
- 1 cup fresh strawberries sliced into small pieces
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tbsp Tokaji Aszu wine
For the cream layers:
- 2/3 cup mascarpone cheese
- ½ cup plain Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
For the topping:
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Fresh mint
- In a medium bowl, combine the strawberries, blueberries and Aszu wine together. Set aside.
- In another bowl, stir together the mascarpone, yogurt, lemon juice, acacia honey, and vanilla extract until creamy and uniform in texture. Taste and adjust for sweetness and tartness by adding more honey or lemon juice according to your personal preferences.
- Layer the fruit and cream in glasses
- Add a generous dash of Tokaji Balsamic Pear and Lavender Vinegar and sprinkle with mint leaves
- Serve immediately or chilled.