Tokaji Pork Ham Hock
The slow-cooked golden pork ham hock is crunchy on the outside while tender on the inside, making this the perfect showstopping centerpiece for your table. The addition of caramelised onion in Tokaji Aszu sauce bring a mouth-watering
complexity and depth of flavour to this dish.
Wine pairing: For a simple and natural pairing, serve it with a glass of Tokajicum Winery's Tokaji Aszú 5 Puttonyos 2017 which went into the recipe. The floral, honeyed notes of the wine will perfectly complement the dish.
- Season the ham hock with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Place the ham hock on a baking tray, add half a cup of water and cover with foil. Bake at 200°C for 50 minutes, then remove the foil and bake until golden brown on the outside.
- In a non-stick saucepan caramelise the hone. Then add the sliced onions and crushed garlic and slowly brown them.
- Add the Aszu to the onions and cook together until the majority of the wine has evaporated, leaving you with the caramelised onions in a thick sauce.
- Serve with baked new potatoes and a glass of Tokaji on the side
Explore our range of versatile ingredients & bring a mouth-watering twist to your dishes.