A light summer pastry, resembling a shortbread, and each bite is a little bit of heaven.
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 lb butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 lemon peel, grated
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2-3 tbsp sour cream
- Apricot Jam
- Mix the butter with flour until coarse crumbs form.
- Then add the sugar and baking powder and mix well.
- Add one egg, lemon peel and the lemon juice and sour cream to make a medium soft dough.
- Roll ¾ of dough to fit a 9’’x13’’ pan, then spread Apricot jam over the top of it.
- Roll out long ropes from the remaining ¼ of dough and weave a lattice top over the fillings. Bake at 180 Celsius for 40-50 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with some fresh halved apricots on the side, or some vanilla ice cream for a refreshing summer treat.