A delicious and healthy focaccia recipe bursting with nutty goodness & fresh herbal aromas. With an irresistible topping of caramelised onions and scrumptious sun-dried tomatoes, this is a great choice for sharing while basking in the summer sunshine.
Wine pairing: Best enjoyed with a glass of Frittmann Winery's Chardonnay, a light and easy-drinking wine with a refreshing citrussy palate.
Preparation time: 25 minutes + 1.5 hour resting period
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 25g yeast
- 500ml water
- 400g white flour
- 150g pumpkin seed flour
- 100ml pumpkin seed oil
- 1tbsp sea salt
- handful of pitted green olives
- couple of sun-dried tomatoes
- fresh rosemary
- sliced red onion
- pinch of kosher salt
- Dissolve 25g of yeast in 200ml of warm water to activate it
- In a bowl, mix 400g plain white flour with 150g pumpkin seed flour, 300ml of water and a tablespoon of salt.
- Make a gap in the middle of the flour mixture, pour the activated yeast into it, then combine thoroughly.
- Knead manually or using a machine for 10 minutes, then let it rest for 1 hour.
- Place the focaccia dough into a baking tray covered with a non-stick baking sheet, then let it rest for another 30 minutes.
- Before placing in the pre-heated over, drizzle the dough with the pumpkin seed oil, then sprinkle with fresh rosemary, finely sliced red onions, sun-dried tomatoes, olives and a pinch of kosher salt. Press the toppings gently into the dough.
- Bake for 10 minutes in a 250 °C oven, then serve with basil sauce.