Treat yourself to a side-dish fit for a king and turn the humble roast potato into a culinary triumph. The Furmint white wine vinegar aged in traditional oak barrels gives this dish such a flavour boost, that you will never look at roast potatoes in the same way again.
Wine pairing: The elegant minerality of Patricius Winery's Organic Green Tokaji Furmint 2017 perfectly complements the roasted, salty notes of the potatoes, while the dynamic acidity of the Furmint grapes in both wine and vinegar makes for an irresistible match.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 800g Jersey or Pembrokeshire new potatoes
- white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Freshly ground black pepper
- fresh rosemary
- Combine the potatoes with half a cup of Furmint vinegar and 1 tablespoon of kosher salt in a medium saucepan, then add water until the potatoes are fully covered.
- Bring to a boil then reduce the heat and simmer until potatoes are tender. Drain the water and pat the potatoes dry.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes, season them with kosher salt and pepper. Cook until golden brown and crisp, while tossing occasionally.
- Drizzle with 3 tablespoon furmint vinegar then serve topped with fresh rosemary.